The 5th edition of the Science and Technology Congress, organised by TECNALIA and EUSKAMPUS, took place on 29th – 30th November 2021 in Bilbao (Spain).
The main objective of the congress is to be an exhibition of scientific production and new technologies in the Basque Country. In this year’s edition, they have added a new goal, which is to attract Basque researchers from outside the Basque Country with knowledge in these areas:
- Materials Processing and Manufacturing (Additional Manufacturing,…)
- Characterization techniques: destructive and non-destructive
- Material properties: physical, chemical, electrical, mechanical, magnetic…
- Simulation and modelling: development of new materials and processes
- Industrial applications and uses:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Materials for extreme service conditions
- Materials and environment: life cycle, recycling, circular economy
The event brought together around 100 interested participants from academia.
On November 30th, in the session “Characterization of polymers”, Usue Aspiazu, from UPV/POLYMAT, presented under the title “Comparison of reference techniques for the analysis of latex particle size (dp) and particle size distribution (PSD)” the first results of her studies related to the NanoPAT Case Study 1 on in-line monitoring of emulsion polymerization reactions to produce polyacrylate dispersions.